Gildeskål – slow travel within coast and mountains
A short journey from Bodø you will find the municipality of Gildeskål. Here are many places you would not miss, travel without stress to make sure you have the time to explore.
Sights in this area are among others; one of Norway’s longest sand beaches, an award-winning tiny hotel at The Arctic Hideaway, a salmon center, a medieval church and a famous toilet along the Coastal Route.
Coastal nature and high mountains
Gildeskål offers a wide range of opportunities to see the local area, from the island group at Fleinvær to Láhko national park.
Things to do in Gildeskål
· Kirkestedet with medieval church, tours and summer shop.
· Langsanden – one of Norway’s longest beaches
· Hiking trip to Sandhornet
· Finnesjuran - Hiking trip to a unique mountain formation
· Den glømda staden (Skulpturlandskap Nordland) – The Nord Land: Thaihuset og gamme
· Salmon Center Gildeskål, Inndyr
· Uredd-plassen – «verdens vakreste do?»
Den gilde omvei - the slow route through Gildeskal
Travel to Gildeskål
25 minutes with public ferry from Bodø, an hour with bus 200 from the airport. If you are travelling by car or bicycle, Gildeskål is along the scenic Coastal Route (RV17)
The public ferry take care of transport between the islands Sandhornøy, Arnøya or Fleinvær, there is a car ferry running mainland (Sund) – Sandhornøy (Horsdal – Sør- Arnøy. In average 2 daily departures, remember to check the routes for timings.
Tel: (+47) 75 76 06 00
Opening hours: 08.00-16.00
Visit www.gildeskal.com for more information.