Below we explain how and why we collect information about our visitors and users. The trust of users is important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
1. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
This privacy statement applies to visitbodo.com, and related publications and services.
2. WHY WE STORE INFORMATION
We store information for several reasons:
- In order for the system to recognize our users in order to use the services
- To have a confirmation of purchase / registration
- In order for our users to be able to sign up for our event
- For the targeting and removal of ads and editorial content relevant / irrelevant to you
In order to send you up to date information about courses and conferences you have signed up for
- Develop and improve our services by understanding how they are used
- Processing of applications
3. WE DO NOT USE THIS INFORMATION FOR
The information you provide to us only stored in our systems. The information will not be sold and will only be used to provide you with more relevant information and better services. Third parties (like Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) will be able to extract IP address and data based on your browsing patterns. We are obliged to ensure that these third parties treat data in accordance with Norwegian regulations.
4. HOW TO COLLECT INFORMATION
It is logged, which webpages are visited, time, browser and from which IP address the visit comes from.
Registration of User Account
With registration of user account, we save email addresses.
We can also store optional information such as full name and phone number.
Registration for courses and conferences
With enrollment to our courses and conferences we will only store the information you provide at registration.
5. INFORMATION STORED LOCALLY ON YOUR DEVICE
5b. How do we save the data?
Data is stored at Seria's subcontractor Cerpus, which has the operating environment at Blix Solutions in Oslo. Backup older than 1 year is also stored offline, in fireproof safe in Bodø. Password saved encrypted.
5c. How long do we save the data?
Data is stored as long as the website is in operation.
6. PERSONLISED MARKETING
With your consent, Visit Bodø would like to show you customised ads on other websites that you visit. We do this by using Google Tag Manager. This tool allows us to show you ads about that we think may be of interest to you as a user of our website.
We need your consent in order to use your information for personalised marketing. You may revoke or withdraw your consent at any time by changing the settings in your browser.
The following cookies are used on visitbodo.com for personalised marketing purposes.
Visit Bodø uses Facebook Pixel to measure traffic between Facebook and our web pages. Facebook Pixel is a cookie that users choose to download through Facebook to their device. By giving their consent to use this type of cookie, users make it possible for Facebook to connect the Facebook user to the web traffic on our website visitbodo.com. This will allow us to adapt our marketing to users based on how they use the website visitbodo.com.
Visit Bodø uses Snap Pixel to personalise its marketing by tracking traffic from Snapchat to the website visitbodo.com. We do this to measure how our posts on Snapchat generate traffic to the website. Snap Pixel is installed through Google Tag Manager.
You can read more here about how Snapchat handles your privacy
Google remarketing and Google Ads
Visit Bodø uses remarketing from Google Ads to get in touch with people who have previously interacted with the visitbodo.com website. This means that past visitors can receive relevant ads from Visit Bodø on other websites. By using the website visitbodo.com you agree that Google processes information about you. You can customise your Google ad settings yourself.
Google Tag Manager and AdWords (_gac) places a cookie on your computer to provide campaign-related information. The cookie is deleted after 90 days.
7. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION / COOKIES
Person information will be stored in our database, processed and published in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Act, and as set out below.
8. DATA PROCESSOR
Your personal information will be processed by Seria AS, the data processor, and our IT suppliers for the purpose of providing services and for improving the services.
In addition, we sometimes engage other companies to contribute to our development, and in such cases, we may provide these companies with the information they need to accomplish this. Your personal information will by no means be disclosed to others without your consent or we are legally required to extradite.
Your personal data will be stored within the EU / EEA area, and in accordance with. Norwegian privacy legislation.
9. REGISTERED PROFILE DATA, ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
The information you provide for registration (name, email, etc.) and the editing of this profile is used to provide and further develop the service, as well as for analysis and for statistical purposes.
- It is you who registers the information in our database.
- You have the right to request information about which information is registered about you, and if they are incorrect or incomplete, you may have them corrected, supplemented or deleted.
- You can do this by contacting us.
- You are entitled to request that your personal information be deleted from our databases. We will meet this as long as the service you want to delete from do not have specific requirements and reasons for keeping your data safe.
- In the event of suspected grossly incorrect information in user profile, we may delete your account without further investigation.
9b. The users rights also include
- You are entitled to request a limitation of the data prosessing.
- You have the right to object to the data prosessing.
- You are entitled to data portability.
- You have the right to appeal to the Datatilsynet.
- You are entitled to revoke your consent at any time.
10. TO PREVENT COOKIES FROM BEING STORED
You can delete cookies from your hard disk at any time but this will make your personal settings disappear.
You can also change the settings in your browser so that it does not allow cookies to be stored on your hard drive. However, this results in poorer functionality on certain web pages, may prevent access to pages that require login and make certain content and certain features unavailable.
If you want control over which third parties use the technology for different purposes, we recommend tools like Ghostery and Disconnect.
For more information about cookies and settings, refer to allaboutcookies.org.