How do I travel to Lofoten?
When is the bus going to Saltstraumen?
When is Saltstraumen at its strongest?
Saltstraumen is at its strongest four times a day, every six hours. See schedule here.
Can I exchange currency?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to exchange currency in Bodø.
How do I get to Kjerringøy?
Can I camp where I want?
- One must not be on private grounds without the consent of the landowner.
- The tent must have at least 150 meters distance to buildings.
- One can camp for two days in the open space without permission from the landowner.
Where are toll roads and how to pay?
- Toll stations are automated.
- The registration number of all cars running without the AutoPASS chip is photographed. Invoice sent owner of the car per. post and no extra charge. This also applies to foreign vehicles.
Where can I go for easy hikes?
Where Can I See Street Art?
When is the Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights?
You can experience the midnight sun from June 4th to July 8th, while the Northern Lights can be seen from the beginning of September to the middle of April.
Where can I rent a bike?
Rent cars at:
Where to buy alcohol?
Beer can be bought at food stores between 9am and 8pm (6pm).
Other alcohol must be purchased at Vinmonopolet (liquor store)
Find the nearest liquor store here.
How long are food stores open?
Most food stores are open until 23:00.
Some store have open on sundays as well.